Concerned about your gift basket getting there in one piece? Don't be!
"I've been working at UPS for 25 years. In that time I've seen all kinds of packing; from the best to the worst. Basket Tree Gift Company always does an outstanding job packing their gift baskets. I look at their boxes and say to myself "that's going to get there in one piece." - Dave, UPS driver
Our UPS driver knows packing. Here's what we do to earn his praise:
- Gift baskets go in brand new boxes that are the right size. Too big and the basket can shift around. Too big can also cost you more in shipping. Too small and there's not enough room for cushioning
- We carefully fold the cellophane above the bow over the bow and card. Then we cover the gift basket in tissue paper
Next we pack the box with crumpled newsprint. This is best packing for several reasons:
- Can't crush like Styrofoam peanuts.
- Lighter than peanuts and other packing so you save on shipping
- Not a hassle for the person who gets the basket. Peanuts are just plain messy.
- Finally we put clear tape over the labels to make sure they don't get damaged or torn off
We always keep you informed about the shipping status of your order
You get 2 emails from UPS to keep you fully informed about the status of your order. First you get an email telling you the gift basket shipped. This email also provides a tracking number and instructions on tracking your shipment. Second, you get an email from UPS when your gift basket is delivered.
Shipping is automatically calculated based on the following:
- UPS service selected
- Gift basket weight
- Destination state
- $6 handling fee (includes cost of UPS notification emails described below)
Please note this doesn't apply to international orders. Call for international shipping estimates.
Here's how to figure out what service to select:
- Pick desired delivery date
- Calculate shipping date. If you ordered before noon eastern standard time, shipping date equals order date. If you ordered after noon, shipping date is the next business day after the order date.
- Based on the shipping date, select the UPS service that will get the gift basket there by the desired delivery date.
You must understand the UPS clock starts on the business day AFTER we ship.
So the shipping day doesn't count. For example:
- Ground to California (est. 5 business days) shipped on Monday will arrive the following Monday (Saturday and Sunday don't count)
- 3 Day Select shipped on Monday will arrive Thursday
- 2nd Day Air shipped on Monday will arrive Wednesday
- Next Day Air shipped on Monday will arrive on Tuesday
Things to remember:
- Saturday and Sunday don't count when calculating arrival date
- Saturday delivery is limited to more heavily populated areas. It isn't available everywhere. UPS cost for Saturday delivery is Next Day Air PLUS $14
- We try to avoid shipping ground on Friday if the weather is very hot or cold. Ground shipments don't move on the weekend. The packages just sit in a truck or building without heating or AC all weekend.
- All bets are off after 12 December. UPS states in its own service manual delivery guarantees are suspended between 12 December and 1 January. The map below, provided by United Parcel Service (UPS), gives Estimated Ground Shipping Time-in-Transit from our location in Maryland. Days are business days (Monday through Friday excluding Holidays). Also, our shipping deadline for each business day is Noon (EST, Eastern Standard Time). Orders placed after Noon will be shipped on the following business day.